Thursday 19th October, 2017
Kindly hosted by ICC Sydney
The Committee for Sydney welcomed over 150 Committee members and guests to our 2017 Annual General Meeting and evening drinks Reception on Thursday 17th October.
At our AGM we farewelled Deputy Chair, the Hon. Warwick Smith AM, and welcomed new Board member Larry McGrath, EGM Customer and Corporate Affairs, John Holland Group. Our Chair, Michael Rose, also led the members in a standing ovation for outgoing CEO, Tim Williams.
We were delighted to be joined by special guest speaker, the Hon. Andrew Constance, MP, Minister for Transport and Infrastructure. The Committee has an excellent working relationship with the Minister, who is demonstrating strong leadership and forward thinking on public transport.
At the Annual General Meeting Reception, the Committee awarded the inaugural Smart City Awards, announcing the following winners:
- Best Industry-led Partnership: UNSW for the Rapid Analytic Interactive Planning Scenario (RAISE)
- Best Local Government Initiative: Liverpool City Council for the automated section 149 certificates
- Best Community Initiative: Infoxchange for Ask Izzy
- Best NSW Government Initiative: Transport for NSW for the Public Transport Information and Priority System
- Overall Best Smart City Project: Transport for NSW for the Public Transport Information and Priority System
Congratulations to all of our winners!
We were delighted to be amongst so many members and friends of the Committee at this event and to celebrate the continued momentum of both the Committee and Sydney itself over the last year. To read more about the Committee’s highlights and achievements over the last year, download our 2017 Annual Report, available here.
Our thanks to our generous hosts at ICC Sydney.